While the recovery process from rhinoplasty is relatively routine and safe, the process can still be daunting for some patients.
The initial bruising, swelling, stitches, medical packing, and bruising can lead to some brief inklings of anxiety and regret as it is typical to feelings of sadness right after the procedure.
It’s normal to go through a rollercoaster of various emotions in the aftermath of facial cosmetic surgeries, including rhinoplasty. More to the point, having an awareness of these feelings can help you focus and quickly overcome them if you follow the advice below.
Keep These Factors In Mind When Your Rhinoplasty Is Complete
On occasion, rhinoplasty patients can feel isolated because their loved ones, colleagues, and peers aren’t used to their newly developed self-confidence or reinvented look.
Children might also negatively react to your new nose due to a lack of understanding.
Note also that depression isn’t unheard of after a rhinoplasty, partly due to the bruising and swelling involved in the recovery process. Those suffering from mental health issues like personality disorders or depression should seek professional help to help prepare them for this surgery and empower them for a successful recovery process.
Tips To Ease The Rhinoplasty Recovery Process
Here are some valuable suggestions to best ensure a smooth rhinoplasty recovery:
Prepare For Recovery:
- Before the procedure, fill your prescription medications and ask your surgeon about helpful supplies to have on hand that will ease your recovery.
- Purchase any movies, books, or something similar that you enjoy during your recovery. It will help you enjoy your downtime which helps the healing process.
- Make your meals easier by stocking up or meal prepping with healthy food that include protein and vegetables.
Avoid Stressful Situations:
- Keeping stress-levels low aids in the recovery process.
- Meditation and visualization can help reduce anxiety and keep you calm.
Stay Active (Within Reason):
- You won’t be able to exercise, but you can be moderately active.
- You may walk around the house or visit your favorite spots around town.
- You can have friends over to chat and cook with friends.
Don’t Stay Inside:
- Breathing in fresh air will help you feel better, whether its relaxing in nature or people-watching, for example.
- Sit in the backyard and cover your face with a scarf if you’re embarrassed about your cast.
Improve Your Rhinoplasty Recovery By Working With the Best Facial Plastic Surgeon
An expert plastic surgeon will improve your rhinoplasty recovery in the following ways:
First, the work done will be excellent, and you’ll have the confidence that comes with looking your best. Secondly, an expert facial plastic surgeon has the skills to perform the procedure with mastery and will take the utmost care to minimize pain during recovery. They’ll also provide the necessary post-procedural care advice and follow up care to ensure the most comfortable recovery.
Contact Julie Edween, D.O., today (310) 859 8885 to learn more about undergoing rhinoplasty.