Abdominoplasty in Beverly Hills
ave you been exercising and dieting and can’t get rid of the extra skin hanging from your abdomen? Has your midsection changed after pregnancy? An abdominoplasty or Tummy tuck procedure may be your answer to get your pre-pregnancy body back, remove excess skin and give you a flatter, more contoured waistline.
An abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck addresses the loose skin on the abdomen and the muscle separation of the abdominal wall. Weight gain, pregnancy and age can cause the deep abdominal muscles to stretch out and separate, creating a bulge or round shaped abdomen. Once the separation occurs, surgery is necessary to have your muscles tightened back into original position.
Traditional tummy tuck: This procedure involves removing fat and saggy skin and repairing the muscles that have become stretched out. An incision is created that spans from hipbone to hipbone, the underlying muscles tightened towards the midline, and the excess skin flap removed. This surgery results in flatter abdomen with improved body shape. Dr. Edween takes and the time to hide the incision line within the confines of your bikini bottom line, in addition to creating a natural appearing belly button.
Mini tummy tuck/Limited incision tummy tuck: A tummy tuck that focuses solely on the lower abdomen, below the belly button, designed for the patient with skin laxity and minimal muscle separation. The incision is smaller and shorter than a traditional tummy tuck, and the belly button remains intact and unaltered.
Extended tummy tuck: This procedure targets the excess folds and bulges on your hip and back area that need to be addressed. This is a variation on the traditional tummy tuck that extends farther towards the back to remove the excess folds of skin in the back and lower hip area.
A tummy tuck procedure can address:
- Loose skin or flab on the abdomen that does not improve with diet and exercise
- Stretched skin with stretch marks post pregnancy
- Weak abdominal muscles
- Bulging or protrusion in your abdomen
- Lower abdomen “pooch”
- Abdominal pannus (hanging abdominal skin)
The ideal candidate is one who is finished with having children, whose weight is stable and is committed to maintaining the results of the tummy tuck with regular diet and exercise.
What to expect
- Surgery is performed as an outpatient, and does not require an overnight stay
- An anesthesiologist will provide either a general or IV sedation anesthetic
- Expect to have bruising and swelling in the area
- Expect to have drainage collecting in the drainage tubes for about 7 days
- It may be difficult to stand up straight for the first week, it is normal to walk with your back at an angle.
- Recovery time is about 10-14 days, depending on the extent and type of procedure and physical activity required at your job.
- Be sure to walk around move your legs every few hours to prevent blood clots from forming in your legs.
- Avoid pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting or strenuous exercise until Dr. Edween has evaluated your recovery process.
Please feel free to contact the office of Dr. Julie Edween if you are interested in a scheduling a consultation for an abdominoplasty/tummy tuck. Dr. Edween is dedicated to serve patients in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and greater Los Angeles, California. You can get started by calling us at (310) 859 8885 today.
For more information about having Abdominoplasty in Beverly Hills California with Dr Julie Edween contact us today.