Once you have consulted with your surgeon, decided which procedure is best for you, and finally scheduled your date for a facelift, you may be wondering what’s next. Well, now is the time to begin prepping your body, mind, and environment for your upcoming surgery. Make sure to also take the time to prepare yourself for the recuperation to follow.
In this piece, we will take a look at a few helpful steps to navigate your facelift. Follow the checklist below for the best experience and recovery possible.
Take Care of Your Body
Ensure that your body is ready for a quick recovery to reduce the risk of complications. Here are some ways you can do this:
- Quit smoking 4 to 6 weeks before surgery.
- Stop drinking alcohol about a week prior.
- With a doctor’s permission, stop taking any blood-thinning medications/supplements before surgery to prevent excessive bruising or bleeding.
- Eat a good diet and and drink plenty of water around a week before surgery to improve circulation and healing.
Prepare Your Space
After your surgery, you need to welcome yourself home to a clean and stress-free environment:
- Place clean sheets on your bed.
- Bring all of your recovery essentials and entertainment into a comfortable resting area.
- Prepare a few days of healthy frozen meals and snacks to ensure you don’t have to worry about cooking.
- Fill all of your prescriptions before surgery and shop for all recovery items such as antibiotic ointments, gel packs, ice packs, and facial cleansing wipes.
- Have drinks with electrolytes, or coconut water around just in case you need extra hydration.
Make Scheduling Arrangement
Work out everything ahead of time to ensure that your surgery day is stress-free.
- Arrange a reliable rude home as well as care for the next 24 hours.
- Take roughly 10-14 days away from work and usual activities.
Protect Your Skin
You need to make sure your skin quality is as nice as possible before surgery to enjoy the best results possible.
- Avoid the sun or wear SPF to keep your sun shielded from damage-causing UV rays. For extra protection on hot days invest in a large brimmed hat or a sun shield visor.
- Keep your skin healthy, soft, and elastic by staying moisturized.
Follow Your Prep Instructions
Your surgeon will provide you with the detailed instructions you need for the night before and the day of your surgery. Take the time to read it ahead of time to be best prepared for your procedure.
If you are ready to go ahead with your facelift surgery, contact Dr. Edween and her team today to get started!
Read More on Rhinoplasty: