The condition of your skin changes the most between the ages of 40 and 50. During this time, you’ll probably notice a decrease in volume and sagging around your jaw and neck area. While you can’t turn back the hands of time, you can get a facelift.
Although there is no ‘right age’ for a facelift, the timing of your facelift is crucial. If you get it too early, you may have to go back in for repeat surgeries. If you get a facelift too late, the results may not be ideal. The goal of a facelift is to preserve skin tautness, so getting one in your 60s might look noticeable.
However, anyone who is in good health and beginning to notice signs of aging are good candidates for a facelift.
Not sure if it’s the right time to get a facelift? Today we clear up confusion and breakdown everything you need to know about the best timeline for getting a facelift.
When Is the Best Time for a Facelift?
People who get a facelift in their mid 40s typically have a better and sustainable result than those who get the procedure later on. For patients in this age range, the following facelift procedures are most suitable:
- Deep Plane facelift: A deep plane facelift is best for midface sagging. This procedure lasts up to 15 years with few required revisions.
To enhance the results of the facelift, skin rejuvenation treatments from a facial plastic surgeon are also recommended.
Some skin rejuvenation procedures include:
- Juvederm: Also known as dermal fillers, juvederm uses a base of hyaluronic acid to plump up areas of your face that have volume loss — giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Botox: This is an injectable that smooths out wrinkles and deep facial lines. Botox is used to reduce crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead wrinkles.
For those in this age range, we recommend a set of procedures that will restore your skin’s suppleness — they include:
- Pan Facial Rejuvenation: This procedure is ideal for those getting their first facelift. Pan Facial Rejuvenation lifts the entire face and neck area. It may include a brow lift, upper lip lift, temple lift, and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).
- “Refresh” Facelift: A secondary facelift revises the look of your initial facelift. This procedure is ideal for those in their late 50s to 60s who have experienced a decrease in the results of their first facelift.
Are You Considering a Face Lift?
Facelifts are a reliable and safe procedure that delivers superb results. They have the power to shave years or more off your appearance, and they boost your self-confidence.
If you’re interested in a facelift procedure, contact the office of Dr. Julie Edween. We serve patients in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and the Los Angeles area.
Ready for your consultation? Contact us today at (310) 859-8885.